Looking for a local Hypno-Doula, please see our local listing.
As a Doula or Midwife, you are privileged to accompany women through one of life's most remarkable, spiritual and life-changing experiences; childbirth. Hypno-Doula training can help you learn how to best support Hypnobabies students.
Did you know? - Regular doula training and labour-assistance techniques for natural childbirth may not be the best ones for many Hypno-moms. For instance, much of what a traditionally trained doula or midwife does to help the mom obtain more comfort during labour is very physical, and in a hypnotic childbirth experience, most physical and emotional comfort comes directly from going deeper into hypnosis by way of a number of cues and relaxation techniques as well as post-hypnotic suggestions.
Couples using birth hypnosis have special needs and there is much you can do to enhance their childbirth experience. I invite you to learn as much as you can for the sake of these wonderful young couples and their Hypno-babies!
I am currently on maternity leave and have no workshops scheduled.
Registration deadline is 2 weeks prior to the date of the workshop as course material must be ordered in advance and can take up to 2 weeks to arrive.
Registration: Call Gina at 604-319-2143 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost: $100 + HST which must be paid in advance so that I can order materials
Includes (Workshop Materials):
- Hypno-Doula Workbook
- 5 CDs
- Pregnancy and Birthing Affirmations(for all expectant moms)
- Entering Hypnosis with a Special Word Cue(for regular hypno-birthing students)
- Come OUT, Baby, for starting labour (for all moms)
- Baby, Stay IN, for eliminating Pre-Term labour (for all moms)
- Intro CD (for your doula clients to learn more about Hypnosis for Childbirth as well as a sample hypnosis session)
- A Promotional Booklet
- Hypno-Doula Study Guide for certification with the Hypnobabies Network
- (the course materials sell for $59 USD on the Hypnobabies website)
- A listing on my website (Resources) and referrals for my students who are looking for a doula who can best support them.
You will learn:
- What hypnosis is and how it is used in pregnancy, labor and birth
- What Birth Hypnosis Programs are currently available
- How your client’s history affects their birth hypnosis experience
- How Hypnosis affects your client's belief systems, emotional state and bodily functions
- How her dominant senses can change her birth experience
- The Amazing Power of Words
- The unique challenges and needs of a Hypno-birthing couple
- Specific language related to birth hypnosis
- How to assess hypnotic depth and mental anesthesia in your clients
- Hypnotic Deepening techniques for the Hypno-mom
- Fear Clearing and Pain Elimination Techniques
- Instant Cues for entering hypnosis - invaluable!
- Birth Ball Techniques for Hypno-moms
- Caregivers and Hypno-birth: reactions and solutions
Each birthing woman is unique, and as you nurture your Hypno-clients through an easier and more comfortable childbirth, everyone will appreciate the time you took to learn these new skills.
Included with your Hypno-Doula Workbook are:
- 8 pages of Hypno-birth Prompts to use with your labouring Hypno-moms (verbal cues to keep them in hypnosis as they labour)
- A Hypnobabies CD to help your regular hypno-birth clients enter hypnosis instantly, (Entering Hypnosis with a Special Word Cue) and the same script on paper for direct use with clients during prenatal meetings for a more personal approach.
**PLEASE NOTE: Our Hypno-Doula Workbook will *not* teach you to become a Hypnobabies Childbirth Instructor, or a teacher of any other birth hypnosis method. It does not allow you to train expectant mothers to use childbirth hypnosis. It trains you to *help* birthing mothers who are using childbirth hypnosis to have a much easier childbirth experience, using their own Hypno-tools and techniques to the maximum benefit. You become a Hypno…Doula!